The privacy, confidentiality and security of your personal information are an important process to Zanetti Recruitment & Consulting. As many organisations are bound by the Privacy Act, this Legislation includes Privacy Principles that set out how private sectors organisations should collect, use, keep secure and disclose personal information.
The principles also give individuals a right to know what information an organisation holds about them and the right to amend it if it is incorrect. Our staff respect your privacy in accordance with these standards, policies and procedures.
Under this Act an organisation must have a policy document outlining its information handling practices and make the document available to anyone on request.
The Privacy Act gives you a number of rights including the following:
– You must be told why personal information is being collected and whether it might be
– You have the right to request access to the information held about you and if necessary
– You have the right to have your personal information stored securely and protected
– You have the right to know how your personal information will be used;
– If you believe your privacy has been infringed you can make a complaint.
What Information we hold
ZANETTI RECRUITMENT & CONSULTING holds personal information supplied by you and information supplied by others during and in relation to our services / processes / products or other relevant information the organisation considers necessary.
We will collect and hold your personal information for the purposes of:
– providing you with a relevant service or product
– managing and administering the service or product, now and in the future
– Your personal information is any information or opinion (correct or not) about your work history and you, ranging from the sensitive to the everyday contact details. It may include the opinions of others about your work performance (correct or not), relevant work experience and qualifications, psychological test results and other information obtained by us in connection with your possible work placements. Personal information includes sensitive information.
What sensitive information is Sensitive information is a special category of personal information (and includes personal information) collected to provide a health service. In accordance with other laws such as Anti-Discrimination, we will only seek to collect sensitive information (for example health information or information about your racial or ethnic origin or any criminal record), if in our view it is necessary for our business purposes, and for the inherent requirements of the position.
Collecting your personal information
Your personal and sensitive information will be collected by ZANETTI RECRUITMENT & CONSULTING for use to assist us in determining suitability for permanent or temporary placements or in relation to other related products / services.
We may also collect your personal information for the purpose of letting you know about products or services from across the Group that might better serve other opportunities in which you may be interested.
We will, if it is reasonable or practicable to do so, collect your personal information from you. This may happen when you fill out a product or service application or an administrative form (eg a change of address form), or when you give us personal information over the telephone or on a face to face basis, or through our website.
In some cases we collect your personal information from third parties. For example, we may need to collect psychological testing results, or about a workplace accident in which you were involved with, referees performance feedback (albeit positive or negative), any information about any insurance investigation, litigation, medical testing results pertaining to a position, results of inquiries that we might make of your former employers, work colleagues, professional associations or registration body, any complaint from or about you in the workplace, registration or professional disciplinary matter, criminal matter, inquest or inquiry in which you are involved , and any information you provide to us about yourself.
How the information is used
As company policy we will seek your permission to represent you to a client for a position that we consider suitable to your requirements, also your personal and sensitive information may be used in connection with performance appraisals, specific assessment of your ongoing performance and prospects, any test or assessments that you might be undergo, managing any complaint, investigation or inquiry you are involved in, your actual or possible work placement (permanent or temporary), relevant insurance claims or proposal that requires disclosure of your personal or sensitive information.
Who will the information be given/disclosed to In line with modern and ethical business practices common to many Recruitment and Professional services companies and in order to meet your specific needs we may disclose your personal information to, potential Clients, referees, insurers, workers compensation body, professional bodies or associations or any person/representative with a pertinent/lawful entitlement to obtain information, necessary for us to perform our business.
As a business we fully understand a parties confidentiality and will only release information we are authorised to do so by the individual concerned.
Protecting your Personal Information
As a business we endeavor at all times to keep your information in a secure environment. We store information in different ways, including in paper and electronic form. The security of personal information is very important to us and the company takes extensive steps to protect it from misuse and loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
These are some of the ways we protect your information:
– confidentiality requirements for all of our employees and clients
– document storage and destruction of documents – security measures
– security measures for computer systems access
– providing a discreet environment for confidential discussions
– only allowing access to personal information interested parties
– access control for our offices
– electronic security systems in place, including the use of firewalls and data encryption
– user identifiers, passwords or other access codes.
Marketing our services and products.
It is our practice to let you know about, and develop, our company’s services and products or other opportunities in which you may be interested in. This may be done after an initial marketing contact.
We assume we have your consent to use service providers to assist us with this (such as a posting service or an advertising agency), unless you tell us otherwise.
Where your personal information is disclosed we will seek to ensure that the information is held, used or disclosed consistently with the National Privacy Principles, any relevant Health Privacy
Principles under state legislation and other applicable privacy laws and codes.
How to contact our business
Should you wish to contact us about your personal or sensitive information please contact ZANETTI
RECRUITMENT & CONSULTING Head Office, during normal office hours from 9.00am – 5.00pm
Monday to Friday.